Low pressure/flow Moen Shower

Users who are viewing this thread

BobW44

Reaction score
I recently drained/flushed my water heater, finding much gunk and flaked off lime deposits in the process. A day or two after, my wife and I noticed low flow in the shower. I checked the flow in the second floor shower and it was ok.

The house is three years old.
The faucet is a Moen Posi-temp

Does this sound like a clogged cartridge. Will a removal of the cartridge likely turn up something that a clean and rinse might remedy?

Shacko

Master Plumber-Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Shower Problem

Anytime you shut off water you should flush out all of the lines connected to it. Its a good chance you have dirt in your shower valve. Start with the shower head and make sure its clean, that may solve the prob., if not you have to go to the valve and check for dirt, luck. :)

BobW44

Reaction score
Well, it wasn't the shower head. So I'll be diggin' into the valve.

I'm curious about your recommendation to "flush the lines".

Not to pose a stupid question, but, How is flushing done in home plumbing?
Do I attach a water source at the faucets and back-flush ?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
On things that have a cartridge, you can take it out and have someone turn the water back on. This can get pretty messy, so you need to be careful, and be around to direct the water somewhere it won't do damage or be on too long.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks