Low Pressure along with chugging sound from pipes

Users who are viewing this thread

Chris4444

Reaction score
For five days my water pressure (city water) has been noticeable lower in all faucets in my 1983 townhouse, with the top floor the worst. When any faucet is first turned on, the water flow is normal for less than a second, and then it lowers again. Yesterday, I noticed a chugging sound in the pipes that is loudest near or at (can't really tell) the main line in the basement. This chugging sound only happens when a toilet is flushed or if the dishwasher or clothes washer is filling. The (low) water pressure from the other faucets lowers even more when the chugging occurs, but the flow does not vary (no spurts or starts and stops). I have the water company coming out to check on the issue, but I suspect it is in the house and not a problem with the shared external water line, since my neighbors do not have the same problem. Please help with any advice.

Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks