Low hot water pressure. Will a water heater improve it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Rughead

Reaction score
Hi folks. Am back with another question concerning the low water pressure in our rooftop flat in Amman. The hot water for the faucets and shower, etc. comes from the furnace/boiler fuel oil combo unit in the basement which also feeds the radiators. We have 5000 liters of water on the roof tanks which lasts about a week. There's a jet pump attached to the out-going line that feeds the flat's water system and it goes on whenever a tap is opened. Lately the hot water pressure throughout the flat has diminished noticeably. My dear wife and daughter don't like that AT ALL and I get "can't you do something about this" almost daily. Well it isn't our place to start with but as far as the owner's concerned, any water pressure is ok for him and we should be happy to have any pressure at all. Swell. I'm prepare to pay to improve this but am at a loss as to what would provide increased hot water pressure in the most efficient manner. Am thinking perhaps to add a gas fired water heater and use the furnace simply for the heating but appreciate any advice. Please don't hesitate to ask for additional info or photos. The owner doesn't care what I do as long as it doesn't cost him any time, money or screw-up anything. :) Cheers, Ric.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks