Low flow well with high flow pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Mudhen

Reaction score
I have a 290 foot well, producing a 2 gpm, with static water at 46 feet. I am just using for watering an acre. Bids have come in super high and seem to be designed for a home. My friend is recommending buying a Red Lion 12 gpm 3/4 horse power 3 wire submersible pump. But I am unclear whether a CSG and a cycle sensor are redundant. The water will feed into a 400 gallon tank after which we'll have a pump for the watering system.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I have a 290 foot well, producing a 2 gpm, with static water at 46 feet. I am just using for watering an acre. Bids have come in super high and seem to be designed for a home. My friend is recommending buying a Red Lion 12 gpm 3/4 horse power 3 wire submersible pump. But I am unclear whether a CSG and a cycle sensor are redundant. The water will feed into a 400 gallon tank after which we'll have a pump for the watering system.
Don't know what a CSG is? But the Cycle Sensor will protect your well pump from running dry while it is filling the 400 gallon tank. You can just use a ball valve on the well pump to reduce the flow down to 2 GPM if you want. But if the 12 GPM pump will run for at least 2-3 minutes without restriction the Cycle Sensor will turn the well pump on and off until the float switch is in the up position.

LOW YIELD WELL_ CENTRIFUGAL_PK1A.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks