low flow water line

Users who are viewing this thread

EarlMat

Reaction score
Hello,
I am trying to figure out how to run a small water line, like refrigerator line, from my basement to my fish tank so I can setup an automatic top off system.
I have a split level, so the basement is only under 1/2 the house. The other half is 1/2 level higher and sits directly on the concrete pad/foundation. That's where the fish tank is. So, my options seem to be pulling up the floor and cutting a groove in the concrete, or trying to run the line thru the ceiling of that room and then down the wall behind the tank. I'm not sure if that is the safest idea, though. I've had my refrigerator line get pinholes in it and need to be replaced, and I wouldn't want that happening in the ceiling.
Any advice is appreciated, and I can send pictures if needed.
Thanks,
-Mat

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
How would you set up an auto fill? Is there a float or a sensor? Is tap water safe for a fish tank?

However, the safest way to do it is to open walls and ceilings and install a copper tube. But its hard to say exactly how your set up would work without some form of diagram. I'd rather it be in a wall or ceiling than in the floor.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks