Low flow rate @ home entry

Users who are viewing this thread

Deeiche

Reaction score
Recently I bought a manufactured home on a deep (1500') well, water is high in alkalinity,TDS, bicarbonate/carbonate, sulfate and pH. More about quality here, https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/advice-needed-well-water-plumbing-and-treatment.67418/ . Pressure switch is calibrated 60/40, works correctly. I static tested 60 psi at manufactured home outside spigots, until you open inside faucet, then water flow almost completely stops at outside faucet.

A spigot right after pressure tank flows 10GpM, a spigot on the line before it enters home is a little over 1GpM. 1.25"PVC exits though floor in pressure tank house, runs about 100' before coming up under house. I did not pull off pipe insulation between ground and house service entrance, so I don't know what dia pipe was run to house.

I'm thinking I may have to run a new service line from pressure tank house to home. What do you recommend for new line?

Suggestions are appreciated. thx

Reach4

Reaction score
I would first look for a mostly-closed valve or a clogged filter. This is not not to say that your pipe did not clog up, but it seems worth checking.

You could look at poly pipe used for wells -- ASTM D2239 (SIDR/IDR) where IPS ID is held and OD varies with
PSI ratings. That way the same barbed fittings fit the various pressure versions. http://www.charterplastics.com/pipe/

I think PVC needs more attention to thermal expansion, so read up on that if you use PVC. I am not a pro.

When you say coming up under the house, do you mean it comes via a crawl space or a slab? What material is that existing pipe? Slab would make that hard to replace.

Deeiche

Reaction score
Manufactured home on permanent foundation, dirt under home, access via crawl space.

path from well to house

well
tee to pressure tank / pressure switch
spigot
1.25" PVC ball valve
1.25" PVC exits building through slab
100' run, pipe unknown
exits dirt underneath house
spigot
main service valve to house

No filter, no water conditioner.

I don't know what type of pipe comes up under manufactured house. It is covered with pipe insulation, by the time I did my flow tests yesterday I ran out of time to remove pipe insulation and get it rewrapped. Freezing weather is coming and the skirting is uninsulated. I will find out when I go there next time.

thanks

BTW, you commented on my water conditioner post before, asking for more info. I just posted more comprehensive test results.

I would first look for a mostly-closed valve or a clogged filter. This is not not to say that your pipe did not clog up, but it seems worth checking.

You could look at poly pipe used for wells -- ASTM D2239 (SIDR/IDR) where IPS ID is held and OD varies with
PSI ratings. That way the same barbed fittings fit the various pressure versions. http://www.charterplastics.com/pipe/

I think PVC needs more attention to thermal expansion, so read up on that if you use PVC. I am not a pro.

When you say coming up under the house, do you mean it comes via a crawl space or a slab? What material is that existing pipe? Slab would make that hard to replace.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks