Low Flow from New Grohe Cartridge--Am I wasting my time trying to fix it?

Users who are viewing this thread

MJB152

Reaction score
I had plumber put in two new Grohe ceramic cartridges for 30 year old tub shower combination. The resulting water pressure is 1.4GPM which doesn't work to fill a tub (I have a Flume so it is pretty accurate). Grohe has told me the plumber should have checked for debris in the pipes, but he did, so that's not it. Oddly, if you look on the web, the cartridges Grohe told me to buy are listed for kitchen/lav faucets, and say they are rated 1.5GPM. Grohe says that's irrelevant. The only other thoughts I have are that the stops are failing, or that the spout with the diverter has a blockage somewhere. That said, is it worth more effort (and expense) if the rating of 1.5GPM is accurate? Here is the spec from the web: https://www.ussupply.com/grohe-4588...hand-cartridge-with-ceramic-sealing-disk.html

"GROHE Right-Hand Cartridge, 90 deg Closing, 1.5 gpm, Ceramic Filter for use with: Kitchen/Lavatory and 1/2 inch Wall Mount Valve, Chrome Plated"

Any ideas on best course of action?

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
If the cartridge is rated for 1.5 and your getting 1.4 I would think it's in range of normal operation. Not sure what else you could do. Get the pipes and components, that aren't new, cleaned and then what you get another 0.1gpm of flow? I think a different cartridge would be worth the time if that's even an option at this point.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks