Loud thud/slapping noise after well pressure tank cut off at 60 psi

Users who are viewing this thread

willinnj

Reaction score
Turn off the breaker, cut above n below the T with a tubing cutter, back the T out of the control center, unwire the control center, back the control center off the adapter, gut the control center and reassemble with sweat unions or Sharkbites if you can't sweat a joint.

All done in 45 minutes, $325-350 tops including tax.

Thanks! I am afraid it may be beyond my skillset and I don't want the wife to nag at me for leaving us without water so I am going to ask a plumber to see if he can help

willinnj

Reaction score
See if the plumbing class will come in and do it

:) I wonder if they will do it if this is actually a requirement in central NJ. The well companies that I called told me it is required.

Or do you mean for them to switch out the checkvalve with a new one?

Thanks.

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
The plumbing class would have to follow code.

You might get the class to come in and do the job for you. It'll definitely take longer, but so what?

willinnj

Reaction score
The plumbing class would have to follow code.

You might get the class to come in and do the job for you. It'll definitely take longer, but so what?

Great! Thanks for the suggestion. Appreciate it.

I will call around and see.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks