Loud gurgling laundry faucet and running water sound when no taps on in house.

Users who are viewing this thread

artfullofheart

Reaction score
I have a very loud gurgling noise coming from the laundry faucet opening and loud running water sound when no taps are on inside or outside the house.

The faucet is a red and blue handled brass one piece faucet tap with a trap primer
outlet. The outlet has a thin tube that runs under the floor to the floor drain (to make
a water barrier in the drain trap so as to not allow sewer smells to come up.

Only time the loud gurgling sound and running water sound stops is when either the main water tap for the house is turned off OR when the cold water lever type shut-off
at the top of the water heater is shut off. What can I do to fix it.
1 - Plumber put in the new faucet a month ago and no noise for 4 days. Came once to replace washer as cold tap wouldn't tighten and tap dripped.
2 - City water supply man asked to come and said it was the water heater cold tap.
He did drain all the pipes in the house first and checked all valves.
3 - Water Heater guy came and said he saw this problem all the time and it was the trap primer on the faucet.
Help lol! We have to turn of the main to not go crazy with the loud noise and only turn it on to flush the toilets or do dishes or for water to cook with. We're both 67 with bad legs and too old to be running up and down the stairs lol!
IMG_0699.JPG
IMG_0698.JPG
IMG_0697.JPG
IMG_0696.JPG

JW12345

Reaction score
Has this problem been resolved yet because we have a similar looking faucet that is making gurgling noises even when the taps aren't turned on. Any help is appreciated!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks