Lots of well problems

Users who are viewing this thread

rypkr937

Reaction score
Is the pressure before the pressure tank greater than the pressure after the tank? If I have 3/4 PEX plumbing further down the line in my house already I don't see why using it between the top of my drop pipe and the pressure tank would be an issue unless there is greater pressure there?

If I have XYZ pressure at my shower head, isn't that the same XYZ pressure all the way back at my well drop pipe since it's all connected?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
My guess is Cary is contemplating holdback pressure from a CSV.
Yes the 160 PSI is a good rating for cold water. Pressure before the CSV can be 100-150 PSI depending on the pump.

You already have some 3/4 pex. The longer the distance of 3/4 pipe the more restriction there is and the lower the pressure will be. It is usually best to give pressure and flow to the pressure tank without any restriction, like with larger pipe. Then after the pressure tank the lines get smaller an pressure is lost. At 5 GPM flow you can lose 3 PSI for every 100' of 3/4 pipe. So if you have 300', you will lose almost 10 PSI.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks