Lost water pressure in tub/shower

Users who are viewing this thread

phillaube

Reaction score
I'm having trouble finding a solution to my problem. I've lost most of the pressure in my upstairs tub/shower. This is an old (maybe price pfister?) setup with two handles, separate spigot/faucet and shower head above - circa 1960. Tub/shower diverter is in the spigot. Flow is slow everywhere in the tub but fine in the sink and toilet. I've removed spigot and flow was still slow (how I know the diverter is there). I've pulled the stems - which I replaced last year to fix a drip - and everything looks as installed. Washers look good and intact. I've tried shutting off the water a few times to flush it, but nothing. Our water is very hard and I'm sure it's either a piece of limescale that broke loose somewhere or something similar. But I can't seem to get to it. Any suggestions? This is of course the shower my wife uses and her patience is running low.

Thanks,

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks