lost pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

nopressure

Reaction score
I'am a new member and hope someone can help me!
I put new presure tank in about three mounths ago because wouldn't hold air bladder shot i also replaced presure switch to be safe everything ok untill today...... Presure dropped went and got new presure switch presure gage
replaced both checked tanks presure holding 38 psi presure stays at 20psi presure gage won,t turn on turned braker on & off drain water from tank started over as if it was just install still 20psi on gage PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Just to be sure, with the pump off and a valve open, the pressure of the tank should be 1-2# less than the low-pressure turn on point of the pump.

What is your pressure switch set up for?

Jadnashua

Reaction score
Most switches are set up for a 20# spread...having it smaller means more pump cycles and can ruin the thing. In your case, with 30# set for the low turn-on, the tank static pressure should be set to 28-29#. Unless you adjusted the switch, it's probably a 30/50 switch. It may be that your pump can't make 50# for some reason, and it overheats and stops at 40.

Jadnashua

Reaction score
The switch adjusment could be off. You sure it is a 30/50 switch and not a 20/40 one? If it's 20/40, then the tank needs to be 18-19#. The switches are adjustable, but a little frustrating to do.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks