Loose Moen faucet - what's this part?

Users who are viewing this thread

Loyola47

Reaction score
Hi all,

Had a Moen kitchen faucet come loose, got a spare mounting kit and Moen's installation tool laying around so I'll be tackling the project on Wednesday.

The pics are the pieces there now, the top no longer secures into place to keep the Moen in place... what function do the bronze piece and the second/bottom nut serve?

Also, what is that black thing? It's pretty heavy and now bumps along the wall.
The mounting kit I have doesn't have that piece so wondering if I should just remove it. Thanks for any insight :)

IMG_20200503_120518286.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bannerman

Reaction score
Also, what is that black thing?
it's a weight to help pull back the flexible hose after use. Some weights will clamp to the hose securely and so will also limit the amount of hose to be pulled out and thereby prevent the hose from kinking and excessive force on the fitting where the hose connects to the faucet.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
moen-ks-install-1.jpg

The long threaded rod has come out of the faucet on top. That threads back in first, then the flat plate and the nut.

moen-ks-install-2.jpg

The tool tightens the nut.

moen-ks-install-3.jpg

Then the plastic guard threads up to prevent the hose from being worn as it's pulled through the tube.

moen-ks-install-4.jpg

The hose snaps back in.
You also have a loose weight that keeps the handheld pulled into the faucet at the top.

moen-renzo-7.jpg

moen-118305-tool.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks