Loose fitting tail piece into extension pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

MikeA

Reaction score
I'm working on a Kitchen Sink with dishwasher attached.
This is the set up: the strainer body connects to the tail piece with a metal ring & rubber washer/ring and tightened with thumb screws. Then the 1 1/2" tail pipe slides into a 2" PVC pipe which is connected to the trap. The connection from the extension pvc pipe to the pvc trap is mended together some how (something clear colored) and I prefer not to break it unless necessary. The top of the PVC that the tail piece slides is unthreaded.
Here's the problem: The new tail piece is the same 1 1/2" as the old one, but when I went to put it back into the 2" pvc it had some play where as it didn't with the old one. (I think over time stuff filled that space in.) I'm hoping to just replace the tail piece to the existing plumbing.

I read the following thread which gives similar advise: https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21665

Should I use the same adivse everyone gave on this thread? Which Desanko fitting would I use? Male/Female? Copper or PVC? Do you have any other advise?

Thanks for your help!

Michael

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks