Looking to Forklift my Fire Hazard HRV

Users who are viewing this thread

Fitter30

Reaction score
Probably 15-20 years ago the company i worked for was and is into energy management big time. Using four different ems companies at that time. Used a communication wire on one job that had a spec of l
more than x number of picofarads and had to tear it out and replace it for bad communication. Picofarad is a million millionth of a farad. Just wonder if that could be a problem. This is well over my head. Looking st their install manual they don't spec wire just mention noise problems.

Last edited:

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
After replacing the control and installing the harness, I quickly got several E50 errors. I put back the old control and thought I was on the right path, but then it too threw E50 errors albeit less frequently so I had to take the filtration harness off. I am back to square one now.

Not sure if I should keep working with the dealer or with Venmar. For now I'll wait to see what the dealer has so say.
After I returned the touchscreen and filter harness, I finally got a call from the dealer saying I need a firmware upgrade. To that end, I received an upgrader tool on Friday that looks just like the touchscreen and plugs in place of the touchscreen. On powering back up, the updater did its thing and I powered it back off before removing the tool. I installed the supplied filtration harness as instructed, plugged my touchscreen back in, and powered it back up. Everything worked as expected and two days later is still error-free.

I don't know if the first filtration harness was a dud as to why it was worse on the old firmware.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Could be as simple as changing the algorithms to controls where like a pressure switch would have to be in failure for a certain amount of time verses a quick making and breaking of a contact

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks