Looking for whole house water filter recommendations

Users who are viewing this thread

Prince Moga

Reaction score
Hi
I want to buy whole house water filter.. but in the market, there are many filters... I do not want an RO system
I appreciate any advice.

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
We must know what you are trying to remove before recommending a system. Whole house filter could be for iron, chlorine or hardness.

Derek Sutherland

Reaction score
We had iron in our water and also sulfur/bacteria. Had a professional come out and replace a rental unit with our own. He botched the entire job and for 5 years we lived with horrible water due to the bacteria and his horrible system. After the media went bad, I decided to fix this once and for all. One local business wanted to sell me a hugely overpriced $7200 system and said I could not use what I had. However, he wanted to buy it for $200 which I suspect was so he could refurbished it and rent it out. He would have made a killing off me.

I finally got smart and went out to www.cleanwaterstore.com - explained what I had and what I needed to accomplish. They spent A LOT of time with me exchanging emails. At the end of the day I ordered what they recommended to fix my issues - using the same equipment only with new media and also some additional equipment at prices unmatched. My system now comprises of a contact tank (for chlorine injection), an iron filter tank, a carbon filter tank and a heavy duty softener tank. I also have a RO system and I honestly cannot tell the difference between the water coming out of my faucets vs. the RO system. The water is excellent and I often tell people I have the best water in the state.

The moral of the story is you have two options. Go with a local "professional" who may or may not have your best interests in mind or DIY. The only downside is that I had to install everything myself, however, if you cannot do that then you can always hire a plumber.

My suggestion is send a water sample to www.cleanwaterstore.com, purchase what they recommend and either DIY or hire a plumber. You will still be way ahead of the game even if you have a local plumber do the install. My only regret is that I didn't think of them in the very beginning. Good luck!

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
A Big Blue triple stage filter may be adequate for a small cabin that is used infrequently, but that is about it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks