Looking for vintage 12" center shower setup - having a hard time finding anything

Users who are viewing this thread

Michael North

Reaction score
Good morning everybody, my wife and I have an older home that we are trying to keep as vintage as we can. Our shower recently started leaking, and it turns out that the female end inside my wall has become stripped out. For now, we can still use the shower, but if I turn the hot water too far in either direction, I won't be able to get it turned off again. So I need to find replacement parts, but it's proving to be very difficult for a novice like myself.

I know that the system I have has two separate handles, and the shower head outlet up above. They are 12" centers, which is where I'm running into my issues. Everything I'm seeing is 8". Oh, and the plumber mentioned that I needed an iron connection.

Google has let me down, so I'm hoping maybe you all might be able to point me in the right direction?

Thanks all,
Michael

Attachments

• 20148.jpeg
    20148.jpeg
    62.5 KB · Views: 150
  • 20149.jpeg
    20149.jpeg
    48.8 KB · Views: 153

Michael North

Reaction score
For 12" centers you will need to use corner valves and build with pipe. China trim can be purchased separately.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/gerber-gh/579a4f34818af64912fbbb7a/47-150.pdf
So, after spending hours yesterday not finding anything - when I got home I measured myself. I'm not sure where the plumber got 12" from, maybe he was measuring from the ends of the crosses instead of the center? Anyways, it's actually NOT 12" - it's 11". I'm going to spend this afternoon searching again, but this time with better information.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
11" was an optional standard at one time, but mostly with a 3 handle fixture. As mentioned, there are individual shower valves that can be assembled to make what you need.

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
11" or 12" you will still need to build this with the corner valves being 2 handles. If it was a 3 handle like HJ said it is a off the shelf item. This is a current Gerber valve with china trim. It would still look "Period"

thumbnail

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks