Looking for stylish articles for home renovation

Users who are viewing this thread

thomasthomas

Reaction score
I’m an interior designer and I design, modify, renovate homes. I believe in making homes in unique ways. My problem is that when I renovate the bathroom of my customer,. I do not like to use common soap racks. Can anyone suggest me unique and aesthetic shelves or racks which may be used in bathrooms but they should score high in quality, style and bear a reasonable price tag.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
......... but they should score high in quality, style and bear a reasonable price tag.

Generally you should not use those 3 words in the same sentence.
Everyone thinks you can have all these things at the same time, and the 4th element of the equation ( quality ) is normally what will be missing. Now, you get to decide!

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
1. hide the soap. in a shelf behind a beautiful object like a porcelain boat shape with pebbles in it. If the soap is wet and soggy, you leave it on the pebbles to dry.

2. leave the soap visible, on a 4"x4" tumbled (i.e. with rounded edges and corners) white marble or white quartz tile. Cost: $1

david

Chris Fox

Reaction score
I most unique I have seen, are bars of soap suspended by a magnet...iguess you have to buy the special soap when you run out!
DougMockett has unique modern home and office products. Ginger is another.
Designerhardware.com is another for innovative ideas. Ann Sacks? but like Jimbo wrote, "quality, style and reasonable" you wont find all three there - just the first two!

Chris

Chassis

Engineer
Reaction score
I like Ginger for soap baskets and such. Not cheap, but not out of sight either.

http://www.gingerco.com/catalog.asp?type=cat&cat=194&colcat=221

Kohler has some nice stuff. Again, not cheap but for the style and quality, I would say it's in the ballpark.

http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecata..._item_number=Purist+-+Accessories&category=19

Last but not least you have the bathroom accessory displays at Home Depot and Lowe's. If you're looking for ideas, look in interior design magazines at Border's or Barnes & Noble. Architectural Digest is one suggestion. If you are part of the "trade" (as noted in the magazines) you will have more resources for ideas at your disposal. Not sure what you have to do to be part of the "trade", but it is probably something like a certification for interior design or architecture or some such.

sarahjennifer

Reaction score
Hey! I’m also an interior designer and I can say that our ideas and ways of working match quite a lot. Sometime ago I found an online store called www.showerpal.us which provides removable shelves for bath-tubs which keep the soap and shampoo bottles away from moisture. It is sleek, stylish and good in quality too.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks