Looking For Something More Attractive And Durable That Standard Baseboard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Nitroman58

Reaction score
I have been anticipating some major plumbing renovations on the ground floor of my home. I hate the way the baseboard units in the upstairs baths have rusted.
Is there a line that someone would recommend? One of the local guys told me to stay away from the Runtal units. He has seen a lot of problems with them.

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
Like beauty, ugly is in the eye of the beholder.

For bathroom solution sometimes a hydronic heated towel rack works, both functionally and aesthetically, sometimes a small panel radiator is more appropriate.

myson-vr-1.jpg
myson-towelwarmer-int.jpg
MYS-EB31-1-SN_vl.jpg

...or...

panel-radiator-install-1.jpg

or even a sino-nouveau convecting aluminium clad bimetal radiator:

CPIgaulUEAEFiCd.jpg

It's really whatever floats your boat and still delivers the appropriate BTUs in the allotted wall / baseboard space.

If the existing rusty baseboard has been delivering about the right amount of heat, how many feet of baseboard are you looking to replace?

rjbphd

In the Trades
Reaction score
Rusted cast iron baseboard resulted by poor painting job .. those radiators are best used with tank primer before painting.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks