Looking for some help and education on well pressure tank

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonBull

Reaction score
Hello all!

First post here.

We are in the middle of purchasing a new (to us) home, and our first home on a well & septic.

The pressure tank needs to be replaced, previous home owners and home inspection have told us this. The home has a 3-4 year old (pretty complex to my untrained eye) water softening system, pressure tank, and separate water purifying (to the kitchen sink) line and filter. See attached picture

Looking to be educated on the systems we own, what I should do to replace my pressure tank (been reading a CSV may be the way to go?), and have someone take a look in the well and how the well pump is holding up. BAQsically an inspection of the system and install of the pressure tank or CSV.

What can I learn here on the web, vs in person?

Who is local and would love to come teach me everything they can about the system and how to keep it in top running shape? Also would like the pressure tank or CSV installed for us.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!!

Attachments

• Water System.png
    Water System.png
    88.7 KB · Views: 316

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
If the tank is bad after only 3-4 years, it has most likely been cycling on/off a lot. A CSV will solve that problem and will work with a much smaller pressure tank. One of our Pside-Kick kits with the 4.5 gallon size tank would be a good replacement for that large pressure tank.

We hope you can find a good contractor in your area that already knows about Cycle Stop Valves. CSV’s have been making pumps last longer and use smaller pressure tanks for 22 years. Knowing that CSV’s are a good thing would be a sign that a contractor actually knows what he is talking about. If not, we can talk any contractor through it and they will learn a lot in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks