Looking for shower advice. Kerdi? Traditional? Laticrete?

Users who are viewing this thread

Nicholasrellim

Reaction score
So I’m moving right along with my one man, 3 year remodel of my house. This forum has been a great source of information. Getting ready to build the showers. Now, I’ve always planned to do them the traditional way. Shower pan, mud bed, cement board walls. It’s something I’ve done a few times over the years and it’s always worked well. The first one I did 20 years ago is still doing fine. That said, I started looking at the Kerdi shower kits. Look pretty good. Then in discussing with other DIY friends, they’ve used Laticrete, some other products I can’t recall the name of. So I’m at that point of information overload. Figured I’d ask here, maybe see what everyone thinks. Shower one will be a 36X60 on a slab floor. With a curb. A niche shelf and corner bench would be a nice addition. Shower two is identical but larger. 72x48. Thanks for any advice!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks