Looking for old style RainBird valve solenoid - round with vertical ribs

Users who are viewing this thread

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
I used seven RainBird 1" valves in my home irrigation system. The valves are about 20 years old.

I "think" the valves are CPF-100. Now I need to replace one of the solenoids but RainBird doesn't provide a replacement solenoid for this valve. If this is not a CPF-100 let me know. It doesn't seem to match exactly the CP pictures shown on the Rain Bird site, but I think those pictures are for the newer CP /CPF design.

The solenoid is round with vertical ribs. See picture.

Perhaps someone knows of a on-line irrigation supply company that has new stock of discontinued parts.

Attachments

• RainBird_Valve.jpg
    RainBird_Valve.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 3,601
Last edited:

BCG

Reaction score
It's been a while since I worked on one of those but they're they same valve as the Hardi HR1. If I remember correctly, the solenoid that's used in modern Irritrol valves fits that one but, you need to remove the white plastic plunger retainer from the solenoid.

That said, I had about a 10% success rate on repairing those valves and them actually working again. I got to where when I came across one, I would just replace it with a DV-100 because of that and also to make future repairs easier since parts were easier to find.

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
Thanks for the info BCG. I found a supplier for the Hardi HR1 solenoid and ordered one (it's cheap enough to get one just to see if it works).

If it works, I'll order five more, if it doesn't work, I'll change over the RainBird DV-100 model. Unfortunately changing the entire valve is a lot of work since I have glued connections and everything is buried.

I appreciate your response and advice.

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
Sorry to report back that the Hardi solenoid does not fit. The threaded area on the Hardie is about 3/4" diameter and the Rainbird solenoid is 1".
But it was a good try.

I guess I need to swap over to the DV-100.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks