Looking for mid range plumbing fixtures for new bathroom and kitchen

Users who are viewing this thread

skuba

Reaction score
Hi All,

First house and first remodel, dealing with a lot of decisions, as you probably know, and I am a bit lost. We bought a 1940 house in San Francisco and are remodeling the kitchen and bathroom. We don't plan for this house to be our be-all end-all home as we mostly live here because of work and we are not from here. But for the time we are here we would like good comfort and amenities, and the least amount of issues with plumbing.

The whole remodel project is already way over budget. Which are the middle of the line brands with decent quality?

I have quoted Grohe bathroom faucets, shower/tub valve and hand shower and I wonder if I am not spending too much when one faucet is U$176, trim set + valve $160, shower set at $292. Is this a mid of the road choice? If I could save a bit and still get good quality and style I would prefer.

Toilet I am looking at Toto Drake II with seat, and Tub a Kohler Archer.

I would very much appreciate your help.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Grohe would not be my choice,,,,,, look a Pfiser, Delta, Moen.

Don't skimp on the toilet. I will avoid the graphics, but you will regret that 3 or 4 times a day!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Grohe would never be considered "middle of the line" quality, and is not my first choice anyway. You are already over budget, but the plumbing fixtures are going to be a very small percentage of the total job, so find the fixures you like and install them. Skimp somewhere else where it is NOT a "permanent" choice.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks