Looking for Kitchen Faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

Kathy Kopfhammer

Reaction score
I am looking for a new kitchen faucet. I do not want a really tall faucet, since I have a smaller kitchen and it would block my window. I do want one tall enough to get tall pots under to wash though.
I am used to the separate spray and extremely good water pressure/flow. I have used faucets with low flow and hate them. I know that most new faucets have 1.5 gpm, but I would like one with a higher gpm or one I could do something to to get better flow/pressure.

All the pull downs seem too tall and too far back in the sink(short spout reach). A lot of the pull outs have a longer reach, but not tall enough(spout to deck) for tall pots. I like the look of some of the faucets with separate spray, particularly the Victorian style, but have heard the water pressure/flow and spray are not as good as a pull out.

I've heard the pull outs(not pull downs) have better water pressure than the ones with side spray, although some people have said they have side spray with really good spray. Most pull outs and ones with side spray have 1.5 gpm. How can a pull out have better pressure/flow if they all have 1.5 gpm? Do pullouts with 1.5 gpm have better pressure than ones with side spray and 1.5 gpm?
I've been looking at Kohler, Delta and Moen since they all seem to have good customer service, easy to get parts should something go wrong and lifetime warranty on parts and finish. I also want a darker bronze finish that will last.

So, I would like a well made faucet around 12"? high overall with at least 8"? spout height for tall pots, longer spout reach(9.5"? or longer), really good water flow/pressure & spray, darker bronze color that should last and good/fast customer service.

I've heard the best faucet will be all brass inside with ceramic disk valve and pvd finish. Unfortunately not in a darker bronze color or with all the things I'm looking for. Am I asking too much? Does nothing exist even close to what I'm looking for?

I also have about 3"- 3 1/2" between back of sink(sink rim) and window to fit a faucet and backsplash, so I have to make sure the faucet will fit on counter behind the sink. I am trying to stay under or around $400.

Can anyone answer my question about the water pressure(pullout vs. side spray) and recommend one or two really good faucets that I would be happy with? I've looked at every faucet out there. Please help! I know everyone has their own opinion on what they like/don't like, but if anyone knows of anything close to what I'm looking for and really likes it, I'd appreciate any suggestions to help narrow it down, as I have been looking for months and am more confused than ever.. Thanks! Kathy

If it matters, I will have a 7" deep single bowl copper sink(8" deep when undermounted).

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
I like the Moen Goose neck 1/4 turn handles.

Not sure you will find any REAL Brass in any of them. It all seems to be plastic crap, With a look like finish.

Good Luck.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Brass is no longer in use in most plumbing fixtures. It was done in part to reduce cost, but also to comply with the laws requiring they be made without any lead. The lead laws have changed the way companies do business in the USA.

Themp

Reaction score
http://www.lowes.com/pd_6998-72981-...0lu5Z1z10w97Z1z13zyx__?productId=3196037&pl=1

If it does not have the pressure you like, you can return it. The price is reasonable for me, not sure what you are willing to spend. Higher models in the Delta line have all kinds of fancy features. My experience with the Diamond Seal Technology is that the valve can become flaky over time. But Delta has always sent me a new valve when I call them no questions ask.

Kathy Kopfhammer

Reaction score
I'm looking to spend less than $400. Anyone have experience with a Moen pull out(not pull down), or a Moen with side spray?

DonL

Reaction score
I'm looking to spend less than $400. Anyone have experience with a Moen pull out(not pull down), or a Moen with side spray?

How many mounting Holes does your sink have ?

What is the spacing on them ?

Any Pictures ?

Good Luck.

Kathy Kopfhammer

Reaction score
My sink will be undermounted with new granite or quartz countertops, Along with a copper sink(30" x 20" overall, 26" x 16" interior and 7" deep, 8" installed). I will have 3"-3 1/2"(I think?) on counter between sink rim and window to fit backsplash and faucet.

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
I bought my fixtures form this place (after spending a lot of time looking at various websites comparing quality and price). I bought a free-standing Tub filler and a Kitchen sink and sink faucet from them. http://www.signaturehardware.com/kitchen/kitchen-faucets.html The big-box home supply stores carry junk (I suppose their customers are just looking for the cheapest prices - or that's what the store thinks so they carry a lot of junk).
Buy from whoever you want, but you may get some ideas from this website.
Good luck

BTW - I'm not a pro, so maybe someone in the business has a better source.

DonL

Reaction score
I like to buy what ever I can get parts for.

You can never really tell what company will provide you with Free parts, Down the road.

Don't discard Delta just because they can not fly.

Kathy Kopfhammer

Reaction score
I'm not concerned about where to get a faucet. Our plumber, who is a friend of ours, said he can get us any faucet we want. I'm looking for suggestions of specific faucets, if anyone could recommend one.

CountryBumkin

Reaction score

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Why look for trouble down the line? Buy from a manufacturer which has a flawless track record, for warranty and also made in USA.

Delta/Peerless is one.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks