Users who are viewing this thread

bethedog

Reaction score
This is my little brain buster. The highlighter line through room 4 and 5 represents the ditch in my slab (former garage) where we are putting in a mother-in-law suite. My original mistake is that I should have offset this ditch to make these angles but now I'm trying to make it work without cutting out more slab, digging more ditch, etc. Oops. The highlighter line from the WC on the right is the existing sewer. There is about 4 ft. of 4" stubbed into the crawler and then it reduces to 3" to pick up the two existing WCs so I intend to tie into the 4" near the exterior wall. I have very little extra elevation to work with, maybe 2" in 63 ft. from new WC to existing sewer so I will have to come in really close to horizontal. Trying to figure out how to make up 55 degrees to tie in with a combo or make up 10 degrees to tie in to a wye.. I'm wondering if my solution may lie in rolling my combo or wye at an odd angle in combination with one or two 22.5s. I've also heard that you can make odd angles with the combination of a hub 22.5 and street 22.5 but I don't understand how this can be done while maintaining elevation. I'd appreciate any ideas.
Plumbing.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
ditch in my slab
What is a ditch in your slab? A trough cast into the concrete for running pipe analogous to a wiring trough?

I'd appreciate any ideas.
I would buy some pvc or abs pieces to play with. They could be a smaller size. My feeling is that you don't want to include a combo into your plan. You could cut or sand down the spigot part of fittings to let them slip into and out of hubs for easy manipulation of the model.

I wish I could do the 3-d math to figure it out.

bethedog

Reaction score
What is a ditch in your slab? A trough cast into the concrete for running pipe analogous to a wiring trough?

I would buy some pvc or abs pieces to play with. They could be a smaller size. My feeling is that you don't want to include a combo into your plan. You could cut or sand down the spigot part of fittings to let them slip into and out of hubs for easy manipulation of the model.

I wish I could do the 3-d math to figure it out.

The ditch is one that I cut out and dug before I wrapped my brain around the problem. I know, I know. Think and then cut. Next time, I promise.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
15-3/4" is the drop you should have in 63 feet not 2". Roto Rooter is going to love you. Normally you can roll a 22 to fudge an angle, but with what? You may be looking at pumping some of that.

bethedog

Reaction score
15-3/4" is the drop you should have in 63 feet not 2". Roto Rooter is going to love you. Normally you can roll a 22 to fudge an angle, but with what? You may be looking at pumping some of that.

Thanks Terry. I guess I wasn't clear enough. I meant I only have two extra inches which eliminates the possibility of tying in dead vertically, thereby eliminating my angle issue. I have right around 18" total drop.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Thanks Terry. I guess I wasn't clear enough. I meant I only have two extra inches which eliminates the possibility of tying in dead vertically, thereby eliminating my angle issue. I have right around 18" total drop.

A 22 at an angle may do that then. I would pick up some hub x hub 22's and some street x hub and see if you can make up an angle.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks