Looking for help to identify part number

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Weary_landlord, Oct 13, 2021 at 3:47 PM.

1. Weary_landlord

Weary_landlord New Member

My Grohe shower/tub faucet started dripping a couple months ago and it's getting bad. It's a single faucet control that looks like the current Seabury line, except the Grohe logo is on top. It was purchased and installed in 2006. I contacted Grohe and dealt with a very minimal communicator who asked for pics--- I sent them, got a response that the part was on backorder and I would be notified when it shipped (but nothing else.) I'd like to try to track one down myself but have no idea where to start in identifying which cartridge is the correct one. I'd upload the pics here but I don't think there's a way without hosting them somewhere else? And I'm not sure they'd help. Externally it looks basically like the image I'm including here.

grohe-geneva-trim.jpg

2. Weary_landlord

FWIW the image is from a listing for a "Geneva" trim set. I don't know how to determine whether mine is Geneva, Seabury, something else that existed in 2006, or whether it matters, or whether the internals have changed since 2006...

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Weary_landlord

This appears to be same as mine.

5. James Henry

James Henry In the Trades

Plumber
  6. John Gayewski

John Gayewski In the Trades

You'd need a parts house. They would ask you for some dimensions. You might need a caliper.

7. Marlinman

Marlinman In the Trades

The Grohe 35210 was used until 2004. After that they went to the 35015 rough valve. The 35253 was an enhanced flow providing more water volume. It was discontinued in 2009.

upload_2021-10-14_6-1-24.png

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]