Looking for Help Finding a Toilet for a Small Bathroom!

Users who are viewing this thread

Flow73

Reaction score
Hello all. Great forum!

I am remodeling my bathroom, which is rather small. In order to have clearance from the shower door, I'm looking for a toilet that is not longer than 26 or 26 1/2" from the wall. I imagine this limits me to a round toilet instead of elongated. To complicate matters, I have an 11 1/4" rough-in. So I'm not sure that a toilet with a 12" rough-in will fit? Lastly, I'm looking for a one-piece toilet (preferably Toto) to keep a low-profile and contemporary look.

Definitely specific parameters, I know, but I figured if there's one place where I may be able to get a good answer, this is it. Thanks for your help!

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
Well there is only one choice at it would be the MS863113 Supreme 1pc toilet.
It is 26-1/2" long and is 1pc low profile.
Now it has a 3/4" gap between the back wall and the toilet so if you push it back to the wall you can rough it in at 11 1/4", you won't have a gap but it will fit your rough-in and now the over lenth (because you pushed it back) is only 25 -3/4".
attached is a spec sheet
http://www.totousa.com/admin/upload/pdfspc/ms8641143.pdf
and the web site
http://www.totousa.com/productpage.asp?PID=125

Flow73

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Is there any advantage to this over the round Ultimate or UltraMax in term of the fitting? Or were you recommending the Supreme over those other two because it's lower profile?

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
Yes i only said Supreme because of the "Low Profile" a better flush would be the Ultramax.
Ultimate and Ultramax has all the same dimensions.

Flow73

Reaction score
Uh oh. So, I measured again prior to ordering the toilet and I now see that the rough-in is 11.25" on one side and 11.00" on the other side -- a crooked installation.

Will the Toto Supreme still fit, or will I have a problem with this?

Thanks.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Just make sure the bolts are at 11-1/4"
There is a little bit of plus or minus where the horn of the bowl can be moved a bit over the flange.

Flow73

Reaction score
Just make sure the bolts are at 11-1/4"
There is a little bit of plus or minus where the horn of the bowl can be moved a bit over the flange.

I'm measuring my current old toilet and the bolt on one side is 11-1/4" and on the other side it's 11-0".

When I replace the toilet, can I assume that my plumber will be able to set both bolts at 11-1/4" for installation of the Toto Supreme?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Many flanges have two places where you can install the bolts - single slots, where the bolt can't move, and longer T-slots, where you can slide the bolt around a fair amount. If you have the T-slots aligned so they are the ones that can be used, you've got more slop. If yours are in the single notch, it's harder.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks