looking for fitting to install pressure gauge on 1-in pex water line

Users who are viewing this thread

Ginahoy

Building Systems Engineer
Reaction score
I want to install a pressure gauge (1/4" male NPT) on my incoming water line (from shared well) so I can track the pressure at my house. The only Tees I'm finding that have a 1/4" gauge port are for pressure tanks, way overkill for just a pressure gauge. The water line is 1" Uponor (Wirsbo) with ProPex fittings. Any suggestions?

BTW, I have a couple of 1" ProPex x 1" NPT Female adapters on hand so the tee would ideally have 1" NPT male ends.

Reach4

Reaction score
While you are at it, consider if you would want something else too-- such as another outdoor spigot. Or maybe install a cartridge sediment water filter and/or a softener.

But to do just what you ask, the SharkBite 24440 does the job.

With regular fittings, use a 1 x 1 x 1/2 expansion tee, and connect that side port to a 1/2 inch drop ear elbow (0r FIP adapter). Into that put a 1/2"x 1/4" MIP x FIP Brass Bushing
brb050-025-3.jpg

Another alternative is to use a 1/2 MIP pex adapter, and a 1/2" x 1/4" stainless or brass Reducer Coupling
k412-0804-3.jpg
That would let you use an EP 1/2 mip adapter, rather than the more-expensive brass FIP adapter.

Last edited:

Mliu

Reaction score
(1) Copper Female adapter, 1/4" Ftg x 1/4" FNPT; Nibco 9027650
(1) Copper Tee, 1" Cup x 1" Cup x 1/4" Cup; Nibco 9099650
(2) ProPEX LF Brass Sweat Adapter, 1" PEX x 1" Copper; Uponor LF4511010

Three sweat joints and you're done.

Ginahoy

Building Systems Engineer
Reaction score
Thanks guys for your prompt replies!
While you are at it, consider if you would want something else too-- such as another outdoor spigot. Or maybe install a cartridge sediment water filter and/or a softener.
Already have all that stuff.
With regular fittings, use a 1 x 1 x 1/2 expansion tee, and connect that side port to...
Thanks. So this is what I came up with (supplyhouse.com sku's):
* 1" x 1" x 1/2" Expansion PEX Reducing Tee (PPT100-100-050)
* 1/2" Expansion PEX x 1/2" NPT Female Adapter (PPF050)
* 1/2" x 1/4" MIP x FIP Brass Bushing (BRB050-025)

I already have a high quality gauge. With trade discount & free s/h, these parts will cost me less than $10. For some reason, the sweat fittings suggested by mliu cost significantly more.

Reach4

Reaction score
That works. A drop ear elbow with a 0-100 PSI back-mount pressure gauge may make for a nice mount.
gep2-100-bk-3.jpg

You could use (GEP2-100-BK) shown, or go liquid filled for a small premium.

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you want to eliminate two connections, you can get a fire sprinkler tee which is 1" Expansion PEX x 1" Expansion PEX x 1/2" NPT. Uponor LF7701010. Of course they are brass, and Uponor branded, so $30.

Cheers, Wayne

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks