Looking for expert advice on how to Supply Master Bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

NCBubby

Reaction score
Hello,

This is probably a stupid question but here goes nothing. I am getting a tankless water heater installed and after that I am going to be re-plumbing my house using a pex homerun & manifold.

My issue is I would like to have a 3/4 inch PEX supply to the master bath (2 showerheads at 2.5 GPM each) but haven't come across a manifold that accomplishes this. Seems to me like I could just make a branch from the 3/4" hot water line before it hits the manifold and run that straight to my master bath valve. Is that the best way?

Thanks in advance

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Your idea should work.
I can't help but interject my recommendations: Navien NPE-A series tankless are so much better than any of the other mfrs, except Noritz NRC series comes close (except Noritz do NOT have a buffer tank). (I have had factory tear-down training on all the other brands and say this from experience.)

And then utilize recirculation loop for instantaneous hot water w/o waiting. The Navien has the pump and controls built in. They also offer a remote pushbutton kit if you wanted even more recirculation control.

NCBubby

Reaction score
Your idea should work.
I can't help but interject my recommendations: Navien NPE-A series tankless are so much better than any of the other mfrs, except Noritz NRC series comes close (except Noritz do NOT have a buffer tank). (I have had factory tear-down training on all the other brands and say this from experience.)

And then utilize recirculation loop for instantaneous hot water w/o waiting. The Navien has the pump and controls built in. They also offer a remote pushbutton kit if you wanted even more recirculation control.

Thanks for your input! You will be thrilled to know I am actually getting a Navien with Ricirc loop :). Feels better knowing its got at least 2 people vouching for it considering what I am paying $$$.

I actually just left a voicemail to my plumber an hour ago asking about recirculating when I plan on using a manifold and running essentially all the lines home... I was reading that was the downfall of the manifold is that it kind of makes your re-circulation pointless unless you use sub-manifolds which lets be honest I am just not smart enough to do (yet!).

My manifold should be in the basement probably 12 ft from the water heater and then my master bath would be about 12 ft away from the
Navien as well. My furthest hot water is about 25 ft from the manifold so I guess if I "get smart" I could probably put the recirc to use there... lots more reading to do :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks