Looking for comments on well/pump

Users who are viewing this thread

petepdx

Reaction score
Finally got to where I can get water out of the well for the first time in close to 10 years

Major concern and looking for comments is on the condition of the pump

First the well report

Water free flow after a good 15 minutes

With a Toro pressure/flow unit (came from Home Depot new in the box years ago, yellow tag sale)

No pressure 6 GPM but drops to > 3 GPM @ 50 PSI around 1:10 in the video

Next, uploaded is the well report from 1966 looks like it took them 2 tries, WASH_7587 is the final pass,
and it ended up being 275 Feet down.

And finally the tags that came off the pump and a bottle of why I have a Iron removal setup

Attachments

• WASH_7587.pdf
    116.5 KB · Views: 359
  • WASH_7586.pdf
    124.5 KB · Views: 364

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Those numbers do not sound right for a 3/4HP pump. Any 3/4HP should be doing 8+ GPM from that depth. I would do a bucket test. I don't trust that little flow meter.

Also a closed valve test should give you 70 to 100 PSI , depending on the pump.

petepdx

Reaction score
Those numbers do not sound right for a 3/4HP pump. Any 3/4HP should be doing 8+ GPM from that depth. I would do a bucket test. I don't trust that little flow meter.

Also a closed valve test should give you 70 to 100 PSI , depending on the pump.

The pump from 1980 to about 1996 was used by one person, from around 2000 to 2004 is when I had troublesome renters about 4 living there, then from 2004 to present the property has been unused. Hopefully not too many hours & cycles. I'd hate to be replacing the pump at this time.

I didnt do a fully closed, I'll do that when I'm at the property this weekend.

The stop wattch and a "calibrated bucket" will also come along with me.

Thanks

-pete

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks