Looking for Basement Rough In Guidance

Users who are viewing this thread

Orioledr

Reaction score
Long time viewer, first time poster. Adding half bath to unfinished basement. Drain line is at ceiling height so need to install an ejector pit/pump. Will have two sinks. Bath vanity is adjacent to toilet and pit (less than 5'). Wet bar will be about 15' away. I'd like to use a 2" WYE to combine 1-1/2" drains and 2" vent/drain into pit as well as toilet. My plan is to trench and install 4" drain into pit. I would also have 4" x 4" x 2" WYE in the trench to combine drain line with toilet line.

I have attached a rough sketch. Can I use the 2" vent at drain WYE as the pit vent as well or do I need to run a secondary vent line out of pit and connect to drain vent above the floor? I dont fully understand how the 42"/flood line applies to my situation.

Am I doing this correctly? (The bath will share a wall with a utility room, so I will have access to the pit and rough in plumbing.)

Any other suggestions/criticisms would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Bathroom Rough In.jpg
    Bathroom Rough In.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 338

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
Yes it is needed. Without it there would be no way for the air in the tank that is being displace by the water entering the tank to escape.

Orioledr

Reaction score
Yes it is needed. Without it there would be no way for the air in the tank that is being displace by the water entering the tank to escape.
Thanks, John. I guess I was wondering if the 2" vented drain line into the 4" floor drain would also act as a vent for the pit? Not a big deal to do as drawn, just makes for slightly more vent plumbing...certainly not enough to cause a problem.

Does everything else look okay?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks