Looking for an adapter for faucet to hose (UN to NPT; potable water application) - doesn't exist?

Users who are viewing this thread

Djs070

Reaction score
I have a Moen pulldown kitchen faucet and I need a male-to-male adapter to attach a 1" barbed female garden hose fitting. I reached out to Moen and confirmed the female end of their pulldown faucet is a 5/8-16 un 2b fitting (image attached). It's been nearly impossible to find a male/male adapter that converts this to NPT, or any other fitting type for that matter, as this size seems very nonstandard; even in UN thread charts there doesn't seem to be a 16 tpi fitting (just 11 or 18). Could I use a 1/2" NPT male end padded with Teflon tape, or is there a similar metric fitting like M10x1.5 that would fit into the female Moen faucet end?

20210604_110731.jpg

Patricio

Reaction score
Hi, I’m having the same issue but I need to connect a male 55/64’’ - 27 on the other side.

Were you able to find a solution?
Thank you.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
A lot of faucet manufacturers use non standard threads. You'd have to find an adapter through them or a specially plumbing store. The manufacturer should be able to point you in the direction.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks