Looking for advice on laundry drain

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Sean Oversen, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Sean Oversen

Sean Oversen New Member

Okay, so I am a real amateur when it comes to plumbing, I am an electrician by trade, but never do much plumbing work. I am planning on relocating my washer and dryer to an upstairs bathroom, and I want to make sure that I get the drain/vent right. I am pretty sure I know what I need to do in very basic terms, but not sure about some of the details. There will not be a laundry sink so I believe this should be relatively easy with some good advice. I plan on installing a washer drain outlet box (not sure that is the right terminology). I plan on using 2 inch PVC. What I am not sure about is the configuration of the P-trap and vent. I have 2 drawings attached, could someone please tell me which if either drawing would be correct. After I get responses I will have a few questions about what type of fittings to use. BTW, I am not the best artist, so I will apologize in advance.

001.jpg 002 (2).jpg

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017