Looking for advice on laundry drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Sean Oversen

Reaction score
Okay, so I am a real amateur when it comes to plumbing, I am an electrician by trade, but never do much plumbing work. I am planning on relocating my washer and dryer to an upstairs bathroom, and I want to make sure that I get the drain/vent right. I am pretty sure I know what I need to do in very basic terms, but not sure about some of the details. There will not be a laundry sink so I believe this should be relatively easy with some good advice. I plan on installing a washer drain outlet box (not sure that is the right terminology). I plan on using 2 inch PVC. What I am not sure about is the configuration of the P-trap and vent. I have 2 drawings attached, could someone please tell me which if either drawing would be correct. After I get responses I will have a few questions about what type of fittings to use. BTW, I am not the best artist, so I will apologize in advance.

001.jpg
002 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks