Looking for a water softener

Users who are viewing this thread

chrisannie

Reaction score
Hi,

We are in the market for a water softener. We live in Arizona and the hardness here is about 17. There are 4 people in the house. After reading several very good posts on the forum, I figured that a water softener with 40,000 grains should be good for us. What about the flow rate? Is it an important factor, too? I know it's better be higher than 8 GPM, right? Do we need one that has about 16 GPM?

I've checked the two brands that Gary Slusser recommended. They look much better than the ones those big local stores offer. But the problem is we do not have the pipes read. And the main water supply in not on the side that the gradge sits, it's on the other side of the house. That means we need a lot of pipping. We do not think we can do that by ourselves. Does anybody know some good plumbers in Phoenix, az area? Thank you so much for your advise.

Regards,

Annie

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks