Looking for a tiny lift pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Los341

Reaction score
Hello,

I wanted well water available in a small heated "water room" in my barn, so I drove a well point in the ground like this one: (1-1/4 inch galvanized steel well drive point)
1643656591283.png

I kind of crossed my fingers and hoped I would find water within a reasonable depth, but unfortunately, I didn't hit water until I got below 30 feet, so I can't use a surface pump.

My question is this: Is there a small lift pump that I can drop down inside the 1-1/4-inch galvanized well pipe down to say 35 feet? I already have a water storage system set up because I bring water to the site. The pump doesn't have to be fast. I don't care if it takes all day to pump 100 gallons. It just needs to have enough pressure to lift the water 35 feet and top off my storage tanks for occasional use.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!
Carl

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
If you had driven a 2" point you could have used a packer and a deep well jet pump. Maybe an air lift pump or something would fit in the 1 1/4" casing?

Make a small bailer on a rope and see if you can dip out a gallon or two a minute. If not, you are wasting time.

Los341

Reaction score
If you had driven a 2" point you could have used a packer and a deep well jet pump. Maybe an air lift pump or something would fit in the 1 1/4" casing?

Make a small bailer on a rope and see if you can dip out a gallon or two a minute. If not, you are wasting time.
Hello valveman, thanks for your helpful reply. The air lift pump is a great idea, but in order for that to work the well pipe has to go down twice as deep as the water table, which mine doesn't.

There is no way I could have pounded in a 2" pipe; it was all I could do to pound in the 1-1/4" by hand. The baler is a last resort, if I could even come up with something that fits!

Does anyone else know of any electric pump that would fit inside 1-1/4" galvanized pipe? Again, I don't care about the flow rate. It just needs to be able to lift a water column up 35 feet.

Thank you!

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
There is no way I could have pounded in a 2" pipe; it was all I could do to pound in the 1-1/4" by hand.
Have you thought of trying wash-down drilling instead? There are drive points (jet points) that have a check valve built into the bottom that allow water pressure to wash-down yet will close when switched to suction.

At one time it was common to wash-down a casing without a sand point and then later set the sand point down with a soft metal tailpiece that was swaged to the casing.

Los341

Reaction score
Have you thought of trying wash-down drilling instead? There are drive points (jet points) that have a check valve built into the bottom that allow water pressure to wash-down yet will close when switched to suction.

At one time it was common to wash-down a casing without a sand point and then later set the sand point down with a soft metal tailpiece that was swaged to the casing.
Yeah I thought about it. I didn't do that because this is indoors in a small "bedroom" that I used for my "water room" It has a concrete floor. Water drilling would have made such a mess, plus a rig would have to go inside the room. Regardless, I've already driven the point and I really don't want to do it again (unless there is no other choice)! Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks