Looking for a small space toilet, 14" rough in, 28" depth or smaller

Users who are viewing this thread

dory

Reaction score
I am in desperate need of a 14" rough in toilet with depth no larger than 28".
I found one from the brand "Proflow", never heard of this brand.
Any other recommendations?
Thank you!
Dory

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
The Toto Eco-Soiree is 28-1/8" front to back. It works with the Unifit adapter to look perfect on a 14" rough-in. Remember that the toilet isn't going to fit smack against the wall. This toilet should end up being about 3/4" from the wall on a perfect 14" rough-in. Most rough-ins aren't perfect, so you might have a little in either direction. I would measure your current toilet's closet bolts (or centerline of the flange) from the finished wall. So you would add the 3/4" to the toilet length to get the Toto number. The ProFlo web site does have spec sheets that show the total distance including the gap between toilet and wall, whereas most others just show the toilet and then the wall gap separately. Be sure you compare apples to apples as you do your research.

I don't know what your tolerances are or why you need a toilet of that depth. Share and maybe we can help. There are other Toto toilets that are a few eighths over 28" front-to-back that also work on the Unifit adapter. Vespin II is 28-5/16", for example. Guinevere is 24-1/4".

Toto street prices are usually substantially-less than the list price if you look them up, so don't be put off by price. They are usually in range of comparable toilets.

The ProFlo toilets, if it matters, simply use a larger tank to fill the gap between the back of the bowl and the wall when used on a 14" rough-in. The toilet will protrude pretty far into the room.

Reach4

Reaction score
Also see Vespin II 28-5/16 front to back plus 3/4 spacing that might get adjusted a bit. So 3/8 inch more than Soiree. Vespin gives a little more side space for the water line. Different style. Note that each of these go back at the base to where any shoe molding rather than the wall can be the interference point.
https://terrylove.com/pdf/cst474cefg-specs.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Just like you can 'cheat' a toilet forward slightly on a toilet flange, you can do the same thing backwards, IF there's enough room back to the wall (there should be if the flange is exact as almost all toilets are designed with at least some gap between them and the wall). That can usually give you an easy 1/4", and sometimes a bit more.

dory

Reaction score
The Toto Eco-Soiree is 28-1/8" front to back. It works with the Unifit adapter to look perfect on a 14" rough-in. Remember that the toilet isn't going to fit smack against the wall. This toilet should end up being about 3/4" from the wall on a perfect 14" rough-in. Most rough-ins aren't perfect, so you might have a little in either direction. I would measure your current toilet's closet bolts (or centerline of the flange) from the finished wall. So you would add the 3/4" to the toilet length to get the Toto number. The ProFlo web site does have spec sheets that show the total distance including the gap between toilet and wall, whereas most others just show the toilet and then the wall gap separately. Be sure you compare apples to apples as you do your research.

I don't know what your tolerances are or why you need a toilet of that depth. Share and maybe we can help. There are other Toto toilets that are a few eighths over 28" front-to-back that also work on the Unifit adapter. Vespin II is 28-5/16", for example. Guinevere is 24-1/4".

Toto street prices are usually substantially-less than the list price if you look them up, so don't be put off by price. They are usually in range of comparable toilets.

The ProFlo toilets, if it matters, simply use a larger tank to fill the gap between the back of the bowl and the wall when used on a 14" rough-in. The toilet will protrude pretty far into the room.

dory

Reaction score
Thank you for the information. The reason I need a toilet that is less than 28" inches in depth is because the door to the bathroom opens inwardly and won't be able to close if the toilet sticks out too far.

Reach4

Reaction score
You could switch the door to open out, make a pocket door, or switch to a French door.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks