Looking for a low level suction pump

Users who are viewing this thread

feartheride

Reaction score
New to the forum and Not sure if this is the best place to post this
I am looking for an electric pump that will suck small amounts of water out of my basement floor like a vacuum and I could just pump it out the window or in the basement sink .
Has to be able to suck like a vacuum cleaner because I rarely get more than 1/ 8th to 1/ 4 inch of water
Right now I am using a vacuum and just leave it turned on emptying it every 15 or 20 minutes .
Usually it is not bad I can suck up five or 10 gallons and that’s the end of it .
But sometimes like tonight I am emptying the vacuum every 15 minutes for two hours and is now starting to slow up .
I have a block foundation and when it rains really bad water is seeping in the bottom of the blocks
Not sure exactly if the water is coming from ground water or the fact that my septic system fills up completely when we have bad rains
The ground gets so saturated that I believe the The septic bed drainage tiles fill up the and back up and fill my tank
When the tank is full that puts my level about 4 inches over the exit waste line from the house .
I did the weeping tile 15 years ago and hopefully will get around to doing the back of the house where the problem is again this summer
If the septic is the problem it’s possible it’s backing up the line and leaking out somewhere by the foundation which again will require possibly running a camera up the line to see if it is damaged .
Anyways for the meantime looking for an electric pump that I could just leave turned on for a few hours when I have an issue .

Last edited:

Mliu

Reaction score
If you have sewage draining into your basement, you have much bigger problems than what type of sump pump to use.

As far as your wet basement, this sounds like a recurring problem whenever it rains. So you should have a proper sump installed in your basement floor. No sump pump will suck up less than a 1/4" of water.

Reach4

Reaction score
I am looking for an electric pump that will suck small amounts of water out of my basement floor like a vacuum and I could just pump it out the window or in the basement sink .
Has to be able to suck like a vacuum cleaner because I rarely get more than 1/ 8th to 1/ 4 inch of water
You want a "utility pump" -- at least that is the closest to what you want that I know of.

Not sure exactly if the water is coming from ground water or the fact that my septic system fills up completely when we have bad rains
The ground gets so saturated that I believe the The septic bed drainage tiles fill up the and back up and fill my tank
When the tank is full that puts my level about 4 inches over the exit waste line from the house .
I did the weeping tile 15 years ago and hopefully will get around to doing the back of the house where the problem is again this summer
How much higher is the sewer pipe exit than the basement floor?

Where does the water for your weeping tiles go? You could put a sump in the basement without weeping tiles. It would have a liner in which you drill holes. I would put the holes up at the level of the gravel only

An easy quick thing to do is to get the gutters to dump farther from the house, preferably downhill. RainDrain has some products.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks