Looking at diagnostics on Fleck 5810SXT... quirk

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
To get to the diagnostics mode, the manual says
Diagnostics View Steps
1. Press the Up and Extra Cycle buttons for five seconds while
in service.​

When I do that, the first time I momentarily see "FR 0.0" (flow rate zero). I release the buttons, and it leaves diagnostic mode. I try again, and succeed.

I used to think the failure to enter the mode was because I was not releasing the buttons simultaneously enough, or when it worked it was because I released one of the buttons a few milliseconds before the other. So I would experiment.

I now think it is just that the first one never takes, and the second one will succeed. It's not a big deal, now that I have figured out that it is not my finger release method causing the failure.

My SV (software version) is 3.0 if that matters.

Do others have this quirk?

Corey Miller

Reaction score
Try releasing the extra cycle button first. Very deliberately first, like a second or more.

I noticed the same thing on mine when I tried to release the buttons together and figured I was accidentally releasing the up arrow first which would leave you pressing the extra cycle button, which exits the diagnostics screen.

Reach4

Reaction score
I tried it, and it worked the first time. I had not left sufficient time apparently.

Yet it always seemed to work on the second try. This was the first time for the first try. I probably left 500 ms between releases -- much longer than I had been doing.

I will try again after the unit has not had buttons pressed for a few days.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks