Long time listener, first time caller-sharing new cleanout install

Users who are viewing this thread

DrBrownEsq

Reaction score
Greetings, for my first post I thought I'd share what I've just done today. I installed a new main shutoff valve and a new bidirectional cleanout. It's pretty nice if I do say so.

Thanks to the forum members. Much of the planning was done by reading here extensively.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 351
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 347

DrBrownEsq

Reaction score
Thank you Terry. I think I did it well. I made up the cleanout based on what I read here about how plumbers hate rodding tee's. We've only been in this house a few months and we had a blockage from roots. The cleanout tee was buried so we didn't even know we had one. Had to have the plumber auger from the vent on the roof. When I dug up the tee I found some genius had used a hammer and screw driver at some point to open the cap and made a hole in the cap. So that's where the roots got in. There were no roots getting past the rubber donuts used on the cast iron pipes so that was good. I did wind up cutting out two hubs anyway. I used mission style couplings and a compression full port valve on the water service. I did cheat and use a solder coupling to join the new section of water line. It should be fine though.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks