Long Shank Ballcock

Users who are viewing this thread

bholty

Reaction score
Hope you can help. I have an old toilet that I would guess is about 65 years old. The only id I can find on it says Integera. It is a single mold where the bowl and tank are one. I need to replace the ballcock but am unable to find a suitable replacement. The existing ballcock says Sherwood Detroit. The unique thing about it, is that the shank on the ballcock is 3 1/2 inches long. The longest shank I could find anywhere is a 2 3/4 inch. I have heard that at one time they made a shank extension, but again, no luck being able to track one down. I talked to many a local plumber and plumbing supply store here in Iowa and everyone says I'll have to replace the whole toilet. The toilet is original with the house (1940) and I would like to keep it because it works great and goes great with the era of the home.
Any ideas or suggestions where I can find a long shank ballcock or a shank extension? Thanks in adavance for your help.

-Bholty

bholty

Reaction score
The porcelain on the tank is very thick. When I first tried a standard stock ballcock, the shank was not even visible on the bottom of the tank. With a 2 3/4 inch shank, there is barely enough thread to even have the nut fit tight to fasten the ballcock to the bowl.
I would guess the procelain is 2 inches thick.

Thanks,
Bholty

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks