Long horizontal run with no pitch

Users who are viewing this thread

a;lkjgf

Reaction score
We are moving the toilet 20 feet, but when they took off the old one they discovered the drain was just 3 inches under the surface, leaving us with no room for pitch. We do not want a step up to the new toilet, nor do we want to raise the floor. Is there anything that we can do to keep the floor level and the waste moving?

Reach4

Reaction score
Let me guess: you are on a slab and you don't want to dig 25 feet of concrete to put in a lower pipe.

Did you want to hear about pump systems that pump uphill?

a;lkjgf

Reaction score
Let me guess: you are on a slab and you don't want to dig 25 feet of concrete to put in a lower pipe.

Did you want to hear about pump systems that pump uphill?
We thought about ejector pumps, but they need maintenance and will need to be replaced. Is it worth it just to dig? We've already trenched for the new toilet, but to drop the line we will have to trench outside the home and I don't know how far or how expensive it will be.

Last edited:

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
Not to be crude but s$&t runs down hill, if there is no slope, your stuff won't move.

You have 3 choices,
1 create slope
2 ejector pump
3 have chronically clogged pipes

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks