Long distance bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

Jsncrso

Reaction score
I'm wanting to put a small half-bathroom in our horse barn located about 200 feet from our house. Problem is, I need somewhere to drain it. We have a very high water table and have clay soil and our septic system is the engineered type with a pump and overflow so a normal small septic system won't work in our instance. Is there a way to pump the waste the 200 feet to our septic tank (The land is flat)? I know they make up flush toilets and such but I don't believe those are designed to pump that far with no slope. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you

Reach4

Reaction score
Pit at the barn with a grinder pump in the pit. Material pumps through pipe below frost line to the house sewer. Is that what you had in mind?

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

Jsncrso

Reaction score
Will these options work for a 200' run with no slope? The few pumps I've looked at in Lowes are meant to pump waste straight up then sloped. If so then I know what I need now.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks