Lochinvar copper fin II 10 burner destroyed

Users who are viewing this thread

Eric316

Reaction score
Hi, Can you could help us to find what could happen?

We have a Lochinvar copper fin II 750 BTU GAS for a pool, It work fine like 2 years, but in December the first 10 burners were destroyed, we replace them and in a week they were destroyed again. What do you think can happen?

Thank

IMG-20180217-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20180217-WA0010.jpg
IMG-20180221-WA0003.jpg

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
I do not know anything about this heater but all gas burners are common in design. The flame can be too hot burning up the metal. Are there air vents at the burner tubes to adjust the flame? These air vents they can get plugged up with spider webs or even wasp muddlers residue blocking air to the flame. The manual on this heater should have a section on adjusting the flame usually buy color and flame height.

Another possibility is the pressure regulator might be bad and allowing too much pressure and flow to the burner. Most gas heaters can be propane or natural gas. At the regulator there is a device (a removable valve at the regulator that goes in one way or the other depending on the gas type. Propane burns hotter and pressure from the tank is generally more than natural gas since there is a regulator at the gas meter. Again check the manual for this.

The manual has requirements on checking for the proper manifold pressure.

At this URL you can download the manuals.

http://www.lochinvar.com/products/default.aspx?type=productline&lineid=7

Would you believe that I'll be on a cruise next week and Limon is one of the ports on Sunday, March 4th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks