Location for Adjustable shower bar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Rsmith99

Reaction score
I am installing an adjustable shower bar in my new shower. The shower will have glass on the two half walls and a glass door.

I am trying to decide where to put the shower bar. In the attached picture the blue tape indicates where the studs are in the wall. Does the bar really have to be screwed into a stud?

Where do you think the best location for the shower bar would be? I want to minimize water hitting the gap between the door and the fixed glass on the wall.

Attachments

• IMG_0105033.jpg
    IMG_0105033.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 410

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would put it on the right side. That would provide an assist to getting in and out. By all means anchor it into a stud. I a person slipped and grabbed the bar to prevent a fall, any other mounting would tear out and the bar would be useless.

Rsmith99

Reaction score
adjustable shower bar

This is not a grab bar! It's an adjustable shower bar for the hand held shower (leaning in the corner of the shower).

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The thing doesn't weigh much, so no, in my opinion, you don't need to screw it into the wall studs...plastic anchors should be fine. Unfortuneately, probably the best place to put it so it wouldn't hit the glass is right of the entrance. You can usually swivel the spray a fair amount, so you could be standing against the wall opposite the entrance and mostly hitting the tiled area. I say unfortuneately, because located there, it might tend to BE used as a grab bar, and you'd likely pull it from the wall, or hurt yourself or both.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
bar

As far away from the door as possible, probably on the left side. Ideally, since this is a new shower the wall connection should have been off center from the control valve so the hose would not hang in front of it. And, if the hand held were going to be the only shower head, I would have put it down adjacent to the control valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks