Liquid Control Relay Hook Up

Users who are viewing this thread

Bob817

Reaction score
Hi....I have a BW 1500 G L1 S7 relay that controls my pond level. I bypassed the relay while working on the well recently and forgot to take a picture or label the wires for the low voltage valve. Hoping someone is familiar with this setup. I found plenty of working diagrams online but nothing showing the 24 volt hookup from relay to electric valve. Thanks so much for any help.

Bob817

Reaction score
Thanks Carry for the reply. I remember pulling wires from 5 and 6. And these are the only ones with no wires. I just don't remember how they were hooked. What I have is a 24 volt transformer plugged in to another 110 source. So 2 wires from the transformer and 2 wires from the electric valve. I tried connecting one wire from valve and one wire from Trans together. The other Trans white on 5 and the other valve wire on 6. My gauge on the well started jumping from 30 to 20 back and forth so I unhooked it. Bypassing the relay and going to the valve with the Trans it runs steady 30 pounds. Can't find the guy that wired it. Just don't want to fry something experimenting.

Reach4

Reaction score
Thanks Carry for the reply. I remember pulling wires from 5 and 6. And these are the only ones with no wires. I just don't remember how they were hooked. What I have is a 24 volt transformer plugged in to another 110 source. So 2 wires from the transformer and 2 wires from the electric valve.
  1. What wires are hooked up to what terminals that you feel confident are the way they were before?
  2. What wires are looking for the right terminal?
  3. Does 24 volts to the valve raise the pond level or lower it?

Bob817

Reaction score
Thank you Reach4. The only wires I disconnected were the 24 volt wires.
All other wires 220 volt from the well pump controller and the stop and start wires from the pond are on original terminals.
There are 2 wires from the 24 volt valve and the 2 wires from the 24 volt transformer that need connecting. The transformer is plugged into a separate 110 outlet.

The 24 volt valve opens to fill the pond from the well. It has stop and start electrodes in the pond set at 4 inches apart.

I thought I remembered 1 Trans wire going to the 24 v valve and the other Trans wire going to the relay and the 2nd valve wire going to the other terminal on the relay. When I hook it up that way the well pump surges back and forth 20 to 30 pounds. It was always steady 30 lbs before.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks