Like a slot machine...

Users who are viewing this thread

hammy233

Reaction score
Hi...my flush is like a slot machine..sometimes you win, sometimes you loose...I think my toilet may be in the wrong end of the house, I`d say half or more times the toilet gets flushed it needs to be flushed again :eek: ..it doesn`t quite get that "suck" :eek: .....I am on a septic system, the the house is just 2 years old we bought it in April, the toilet waste line runs almost 2/3 the way back the other direction with an ever so slight downward slope to a 45 a section then a 45 then straight down in the floor and out to the tank, the tank was pumped before we moved in. Is there a way or solution to getting the "Krud" :( to get movin in the waste line..i.e. pressure assist toilet, any idea would be appreciated.

JDkimes

Engineer
Reaction score
Hit the jackpot!

It's probably not your pipes, it's your toilet.
But you could take the toile off and look at the pipes and push a snake in to see if there are any obstructions.
You could snake the toilet first to make sure there isn't something stuck in the actual toilet.
But assuming those are clear, you probably just have one of the many low flow toilets or an old high flow low performance toilets that don't work. If the pipes are clear, buy a Toto Drake and you'll hit the jackpot on every pull

TOTO Drake 800 grams by Veritech, Video

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Getting the stuff out of the bowl is dependent on the quality of the design...even some of the power assist toilets don't rate high. Terry has some test results showing performance. Pick a toilet near the top of the list, and you shouldn't have problems. You might be able to see how yours stacks up (but they don't test every model). Once it is in the waste line, if the slope is proper, it will flow where it needs to unless obstructed.

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I have a Crane Economizer pressure-assisted toilet. It has NEVER clogged, never needed plunging --

but does require double flushing about half the time (for solid waste).

If I replaced it today, I'd go with a Toto product.

Smhowell

Reaction score
I installed a Toto Ultramax last year. It has never clogged and has only needed a double flush maybe twice.

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
Flush

Make sure there is enough water in the tank to fill to the level marke. If the refill tube is not going into the tanks overflow or if it's plugged this can happen. 1. Every other time the toilet gets flushed the toilet bowl is in need of more water(is low on water) and because it didnt flush well there will be more water left in the bowl(nearer the natural overflow level)
Check the refill tube.
Find a toilet like yours and take away the refill tube and then flush the toilet with paper.
It makes a difference.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks