Light in a shower?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ingeborgdot

Reaction score
What special things does a person need for a light in a shower?

Last edited:

Ingeborgdot

Reaction score
What do you consider a wet rated fixture? The inner housing or the light cover?
I have the halo H7ICAT with the 172PS outer fixture.

Chris75

Electrician
Reaction score
You actually only need a damp located fixture, wet location only if subject to shower spray... Sooo, if you want a recess fixture, find a trim that you like that is listed as a damp location....

Ingeborgdot

Reaction score
I will be putting the light on my rear wall facing the shower spray so the shower spray will be hitting it directly.

Last edited:

Chris75

Electrician
Reaction score
I will be putting the light on my rear wall facing the shower spray so the shower spray will be hitting it directly.

Then you will require a WET location fixture... so make sure it is listed as such.

This is a typical wet location fixture... good luck finding something you like. :D

85686.fpx

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Well, you do know that people with low vision do put lights in their showers.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
theseplaced around your head work well, and you can't get shocked :)

HL-1.jpg

Ingeborgdot

Reaction score
I will have a light in the shower but not on the wall. It will be up in the ceiling and no water should hit the light. If it does my light fixture after looking carefully is wet location rated.

Ingeborgdot

Reaction score
I have a question about the light fixture that I have chosen to put into the ceiling of the shower. It is made by Halo and it is the 172PS model. It is wet rated. No instructions came with it and I am not for sure how it goes in. It looks like it has a place for the clips that are in the upper part of the housing and two spring loaded clamps that looks like you squeeze together and insert and the tension keeps it up. I am not sure. Does anyone know the proper procedure? I hate to sound so stupid but I have never used one of these before.
Do I remove the ceramic light socket from the housing parts that are holding it and remove the adjustable holder that comes with the housing? Then do I slide the spring loads up into the light housing? Anyones help would be greatly appreciated.

Ingeborgdot

Reaction score
I just hadn't had a real chance to look it over. It took me a couple of minutes actually after looking at the fixture.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Most any sporting goods store will have various headband lights. REI, EMS both have websites. www.rei.com (recreational equipment supply) www.ems.com (eastern mountain sports). Both of those have limited retail locations...there might be one near you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks