Light Green Sink

Users who are viewing this thread

Swassy

Reaction score
I have a cabin that I am looking to replace a bathroom sink in. It was built in the late 70's and the light green sink is rusting out. I am wondering if anyone can tell me where I can buy a direct replacement for this sink , or even who would have made this sink in order to keep the rustic look. Thanks in advance. Cabin Sink 001 (Medium).jpg

Cabin Sink 002 (Medium).jpg

Southern Man

DIY Hillbilly
Reaction score
I'd say the chance of getting an exact same sink in good condition is close to zero. But you can make the counter top hole larger to accomodate a bigger sink.

Remove the sink, trace the hole on cardboard, and take it to a plumbing supply house to get one that will work. Or go to manufacturer's web sites and download installation diagrams.

Swassy

Reaction score
American Standard

I have found out that this is an American Standard (Yorkdale) they call this color seafoam green, the next problem is where do I find one. I can buy it in several colors still today unfortunately seafoam green isn't one of them. Does anyone have any ideas of where ther might be some old stock, or maybe a way of having this thing coated.

Swassy

Reaction score
I saw that Home Depot had them for $65 but the seafoam green is the problem. Everybody that I have found so far have the White and Bone colored ones but no seafoam green.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Thats the problem with funky colors...

Colors come and colors go along with their availability.

White and chrome was "In" when plumbing came in from the outhouse...

It was "In" through the pink, yellow, blue, avacado green and all the other putrid colors found in dated bathrooms across this country...

It was "In" through the brass, brushed nickel, & satin nickel, years...

Now with the current oil rubbed bronze, It is still "In"....

Colors and finishes come and go but when you get away from the basic white & chrome I'm willing to bet that your remodeling job with a life expectancy in the 30 year range will become dated if you get away from the basic white & chrome.

Any Takers?:cool:

Statjunk

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Thats the problem with funky colors...

Colors come and colors go along with their availability.

White and chrome was "In" when plumbing came in from the outhouse...

It was "In" through the pink, yellow, blue, avacado green and all the other putrid colors found in dated bathrooms across this country...

It was "In" through the brass, brushed nickel, & satin nickel, years...

Now with the current oil rubbed bronze, It is still "In"....

Colors and finishes come and go but when you get away from the basic white & chrome I'm willing to bet that your remodeling job with a life expectancy in the 30 year range will become dated if you get away from the basic white & chrome.

Any Takers?:cool:

Chrome is out now. Just take a poll of women. They all want polished.

Tom

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Brass never goes out of fashion. And it don't rust either.

I'm brassing everything in my house. Switchplates next.

I just wish my plumbing was all brass. It is so much nicer to work with than copper.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks