Leveling WC waste stub when installing closet bend

Users who are viewing this thread

Smorrison0702

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm installing a WC waste stub under concrete slab and run in to a possible issue installing the closet bend. The primary waste line is about 1.5' deep, so I added a section of 4" abs using a coupler at the closet bend. However, in order to achieve 1/4" slope at the first (short) horizontal run, the vertical stub ends up not being plumb. This seems like it will prevent my future toilet flange from sitting flat when it is installed, however I also need the 1/4" slope at the horizontal. How do I remedy this?

Attachments

• plumb2-1.jpeg
    plumb2-1.jpeg
    127.6 KB · Views: 171
  • plumb1-1.jpeg
    plumb1-1.jpeg
    136.2 KB · Views: 133

Smorrison0702

Reaction score
That makes sense--thanks! For future reference, how does one go about introducing the 2% grade into a 90 degree fitting while keeping the vertical section plumb? Is the 'play' in the fitting enough to make the final angle more obtuse to get the right slope?

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
That makes sense--thanks! For future reference, how does one go about introducing the 2% grade into a 90 degree fitting while keeping the vertical section plumb? Is the 'play' in the fitting enough to make the final angle more obtuse to get the right slope?
They don't. It's not always possible or perfect.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks