Leveling Shower Base

Users who are viewing this thread

CRP

Reaction score
I'm installing a 32" x 48" Kohler shower base in a basement with a floor that is not level. It pitches about 1" from front/left to rear/right. It is framed out and I'm wondering what would be the best way to set this base? I'm thinking the best two options would be to just use mortar or to use self leveling to ensure equal support, then mortar to set. Any advice from you experts would be greatly appreciated.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
1" out is quite a bit.
I use mortar on pans when I need to bring them to level. I try to line it out to see where level is going to be, sometimes putting shims down so that have have a set point to go to.
Small piles that can squish out a bit as you push it down to your preset shim and marked out lines.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks